ANTI WRINKLE – NEFERTITI NECK LIFT
ANTI WRINKLE TREATMENT – NEFERTITI NECK LIFT
Through dynamic movement of the platysma muscle, unwanted bands become visible on the neck. Using Botulinum Toxin A to help soften vertical lines on your neck, resulting in a smoother, tighter more defined jawline. Botox can be used to reduce the “pull” effect the platysma has, reducing both the visible bands and the heaviness in the jowl area.
Once treated, the muscles in the neck are more relaxed. From this, there is an upward pull from facial muscles creating a younger looking jawline and neck. The Botox neck lift is a fast acting, safe procedure that is still the first choice for many patients who are wanting to achieve a natural and more youthful appearance.
Create a younger looking jawline and neck, the effects may take up to two weeks to be seen, and typically last around 12 weeks.
Using a series of Botox injections the Nefertiti Neck Lift smooth’s the neck and jawline, these injections fight the pull of gravity, improve elasticity and avert the signs of ageing. The treatment ultimately restores volume and a sense of youth to aged skin.
Areas that we can treat include:
- Platysma muscles
HOW DOES THE TREATMENT WORK?
The treatment itself is non-surgical, your practitioner will administer a series of Botox injections into the jawline and platysma muscle of the neck. The Botox injections work by relaxing the muscles in the face and neck, which are responsible for pulling the face downwards. As a result the opposing muscles pull the face upwards in the opposite direction creating a lifting effect.
The treatment ultimately tightens skin to create a taught youthful appearance.
WHAT HAPPENS DURING MY CONSULTATION
During your consultation a detailed medical history will be taken, helping the medical specialist to determine whether treatment is an appropriate product/treatment for you to receive and whether it will help you achieve the results that you are looking for. This will also reduce the risk of any unwanted side effects from the treatment. During this consultation the potential risks and aftercare recommendations are discussed.
PREPARING FOR YOUR TREATMENT
- One week prior to your treatment, avoid taking aspirin, non-steroidal anti-inflammatory medications (Ibuprofen), Gingko Biloba, Vitamin E or fish oil supplements. These agents may increase bruising and bleeding at the injection site. If you require a pain remedy during this time period, it is ok to take paracetamol.
- Adding leafy greens to your diet will boost your Vitamin K and help to reduce the possibility of bruising and swelling.
- Arnica supplements have been shown to reduce discomfort, bruising and swelling from injectable procedures. Arnica pills may be started the day before or the day of treatment and should be continued until bruising has resolved.
- A topical numbing cream may be applied to help with any discomfort. This does require a longer appointment time of an additional 20 minutes for optimal results.
- Bruising is possible and therefore, we recommend that you schedule any social plans accordingly for 7-10 days following your injection.
- While initial effects of the injection are visible in as soon as 3-5 days, you should expect your final results to be achieved 2-3 weeks after an injection.
- You will be made comfortable on a treatment couch whilst maintaining privacy and dignity.
- Your practitioner will check through your consent forms and medical history.
- You will be then handed a mirror to discuss your requirements from the procedure.
- You will be asked if you have any phobia’s to needles.
- The treatment area will be cleansed.
- Your jawline and neck will then be “marked up” for the practitioner to inject.
CLEANING & DRESSINGS
The skin will be cleansed, and appropriate dressings or pre-treatment applied.
HOW LONG WILL THE RESULTS LAST FOR?
Results can last 3-4 months dependent on the individual and lifestyle choices.
WHO IS NOT SUITABLE FOR THIS TREATMENT?
- Anybody with an allergy or acknowledged hypersensitivity to Botulinum Toxin Type A or to any of its’ excipients e.g. human albumin, and sodium chloride.
- Anyone who has a disease affecting your muscles and nerves (e.g. myasthenia gravis, Eaton Lambert Syndrome, Lou Gehrig’s syndrome).
- Any skin infection at the site of injection.
- Anyone currently pregnant or breastfeeding
- Anybody who is having co-treatment with Aminoglycoside antibiotics, or medicinal products, that causes muscle relaxation, for example tubocurarine.
What to avoid:
- No Touching or rubbing the areas injected.
- Avoid Physical Activity for the first 24 hours post treatment.
- Don’t Take Painkillers or Drink Alcohol
- Remain upright for 3 hours after the procedure.
- Any kind of Facial, Massage, Beauty or Spa Treatment should also be avoided. This is because any touching of the treatment area risks spreading out the Botulinum Toxin.
- It is imperative to avoid extreme temperatures DO NOT have a baths, hot saunas or vigorous exercise as you risk sweating out the Botulinum Toxin.
- Avoid air travel for 48 hours post treatment is also recommended.