Anti Wrinkle Treatments
ANTI WRINKLE TREATMENTS
Through the dynamic movement of facial muscles, unwanted lines and wrinkles begin to appear on the face. Anti-wrinkle injections work by blocking impulses to the muscle resulting in a “relaxed” effect. Achieve a youthful, more radiant facial appearance.
The procedure can be used to improve lines on the forehead, around the eyes and mouth area, as well as to provide a brow lift or relief from migraines. As a fast acting, safe procedure, it is still the first choice for many patients wanting to achieve a natural and youthful appearance.
The procedure itself is simple and relatively pain free, with results taking up to two weeks to be effective and typically lasting around 12 weeks.
BENEFITS OF ANTI WRINKLE TREATMENT
Botox relaxes the muscles on the face. This not only helps to reduce the appearance of wrinkles, but also helps prevent the formation of wrinkles, softening your features and making your face look fresher and younger. A Botox treatment from includes a free review and top-up if required between 14-21 days after your initial treatment.
Botox works on the muscle, not the skin. This means any lines or wrinkles at rest on the skin may only soften, and not be removed completely. Combining Botox with other skin treatments will further improve these lines. We strongly advise against any top-ups after six weeks, and generally advise not to leave any more than four months between treatments.
HOW DOES THE TREATMENT WORK?
Botulinum Toxin A is a neurotoxin which is injected into the muscles to prevent the release of acetylchloline at the neuromuscular juntion. This chemical (acetylcholine) is normally released and passes a chemical message to the muscle to allow it to contract. When this message is blocked the muscle fibres are temporarily paralysed and unable to contract, consequently relaxing the muscle and the skin. As the muscle is unable to contract as much it can prevent wrinkles from forming, improves static wrinkles and prevents existing wrinkles becoming deeper lines/folds.
WHAT HAPPENS DURING MY CONSULTATION
During your consultation a detailed medical history will be taken, helping the practitioner to determine whether treatment is an appropriate product/treatment for you to receive and whether it will help you achieve the results that you are looking for. This will also reduce the risk of any unwanted side effects from the treatment. During this consultation the potential risks and aftercare recommendations are discussed.If you still have questions about this treatment please contact us.
Secure your booking today online or call 01476 568 378 to book.
PREPARING FOR YOUR TREATMENT
- One week prior to your treatment, avoid taking aspirin, non-steroidal anti-inflammatory medications (Ibuprofen), Gingko Biloba, Vitamin E or fish oil supplements. These agents may increase bruising and bleeding at the injection site. If you require a pain remedy during this time period, it is ok to take paracetamol.
- Adding leafy greens to your diet will boost your Vitamin K and help to reduce the possibility of bruising and swelling.
- Arnica supplements have been shown to reduce discomfort, bruising and swelling from injectable procedures. Arnica pills may be started the day before or the day of treatment and should be continued until bruising has resolved.
- A topical numbing cream may be applied to help with any discomfort. This does require a longer appointment time of an additional 20 minutes for optimal results.
- Bruising is possible and therefore, we recommend that you schedule any social plans accordingly for 7-10 days following your injection.
- While initial effects of the injection are visible in as soon as 3-5 days, you should expect your final results to be achieved 2-3 weeks after an injection.
- You will be made comfortable on a treatment couch whilst maintaining privacy and dignity.
- Your practitioner will check through your consent forms and medical history.
- You will be then handed a mirror to discuss your requirements from the procedure.
- You will be asked if you have any phobia’s to needles.
- The treatment area will be cleansed.
- Your face will then be “marked up” for the practitioner to inject.
CLEANING & DRESSINGS
The skin will be cleansed, and appropriate dressings or pre-treatment applied.
HOW LONG WILL THE RESULTS LAST FOR?
Results can last 3-4 months dependent on the individual and lifestyle choices.
WHO IS NOT SUITABLE FOR THIS TREATMENT?
- Anybody with an allergy or acknowledged hypersensitivity to Botulinum Toxin Type A or to any of its’ excipients e.g. human albumin, and sodium chloride.
- Anyone who has a disease affecting your muscles and nerves (e.g. myasthenia gravis, Eaton Lambert Syndrome, Lou Gehrig’s syndrome).
- Any skin infection at the site of injection.
- Anyone currently pregnant or breastfeeding
- Anybody who is having co-treatment with Aminoglycoside antibiotics, or medicinal products, that causes muscle relaxation, for example tubocurarine.
What to avoid:
- No Touching or rubbing the areas injected.
- Avoid Physical Activity for the first 24 hours post treatment.
- Don’t Take Painkillers or Drink Alcohol
- Remain upright for 3 hours after the procedure.
- Do not lay down on your face