AQUALYX – FAT DISSOLVING INJECTIONS
AQUALYX – FAT DISSOLVING INJECTIONS
Aqualyx® is a non-surgical solution to minimize and remove stubborn localized pockets of fat. It is ideal for those who exercise regularly and maintain a healthy diet but have pockets of fat that won’t shift, even with focused exercise.
This technique, known as Aqualysis™ or Aquaplasty™, consists of injecting the solution into localised fat deposits. Aqualyx® consists of phosphatidylcholine – a natural substance which, when given in higher doses, can cause the destruction of fat cells.
Destroying the fat cells is a long-term solution provided you retain a stable weight, eat healthily and continue exercise as usual. Aqualyx® leads to a permanent reduction of fatty tissue; once removed, fat cells will not reappear.
Important: Aqualyx® is a body contouring treatment not a weight loss solution. Treatments with Aqualyx® are only applicable for small, localized areas. Clients must be within one stone of their recommended body weight to have treatment and be able to pinch about 3cm of fat.
- The life-changing solution for individuals who are self-conscious of their body image
- Great for individuals who find it hard to get rid of stubborn fat deposits even with diet and exercise regime
- The treatment is proven safe, effective and a non-surgical treatment option
- Permanent fat removal as long as a strict diet and exercise regimen is maintained
Areas that we can treat include:
- Stomach (inc. six pack definition)
- Love handles
- Flanks and waist
- Inner and outer thighs
- Underarms and armpits
- Under-bra area
HOW DOES THE TREATMENT WORK?
Aqualyx works by breaking down cell membranes to liquify the fat cell, permanently destroying it, releasing the lipids that are then eliminated naturally through the lympatic system.
The procedure consists of a set of injections, administered 3-4 weeks apart, whereby Aqualyx is injected into the targeted area.
After consultation your practitioner will mark out the area of concern you’ve identified. Aqaulyx is then mixed with lidocaine (anaesthetic) before injection for greater comfort and a number of injections in a fan effect make sure the area is fully covered. The elastic needles allow small areas to be tackled effectively such as double chins or jowls.
Although the procedure doesn’t hurt, you should expect some swelling which can take up to three weeks to subside.
WHAT HAPPENS DURING MY CONSULTATION
During your consultation a detailed medical history will be taken, helping the medical specialist to determine whether treatment is an appropriate product/treatment for you to receive and whether it will help you achieve the results that you are looking for. This will also reduce the risk of any unwanted side effects from the treatment. During this consultation the potential risks and aftercare recommendations are discussed.
Make sure you’ve allowed for enough downtime after the procedure. If you’re having the neck treated, you may wish to bring a scarf with you. Be aware that, for the best results more than one treatment is necessary.
PREPARING FOR YOUR TREATMENT
Make sure you’ve allowed for enough downtime after the procedure. If you’re having the neck treated, you may wish to bring a scarf with you. Be aware that, for the best results more than one treatment is necessary
- You will be made comfortable on a treatment couch whilst maintaining privacy and dignity.
- Your practitioner will check through your consent forms and medical history.
- You will be then handed a mirror to discuss your requirements from the procedure.
- The treatment area will be cleansed.
CLEANING & DRESSINGS
The skin will be cleansed, and appropriate dressings or pre-treatment applied.
HOW LONG WILL THE RESULTS LAST FOR?
The treatment results are permanent as long as a strict diet and good exercise regiment are maintained. Aqualyx typically requires a course of two to four treatments with four to six-week intervals between each session.
WHO IS NOT SUITABLE FOR THIS TREATMENT?
- Pregnancy or breastfeeding,
- Pathological conditions
- Those under 18 years or over 60 years.
- Anyone with diabetes
- Anyone with autoimmune disease
There may be some tenderness, swelling, redness and bruising around the injection site. This is normal and will subside within a few days.
- Do not apply any cosmetics to the treated area within a 12-hour period
- Avoid direct sources of heat and radiation (UV radiation, sunlight and sauna etc).
- We recommend you avoid any strenuous exercise for 7 days.