Vitamin B12 is one of the B vitamins essential to health. It helps to make DNA and keep the body’s blood cells & nervous system healthy. Vitamin B12 also helps prevent pernicious anaemia, a severe type of anaemia causing extreme fatigue and weakness.
Vitamin B12 is found only in animal foods such as red meat, liver, fish, chicken, eggs and dairy products. B12 is not available from plant foods, unless it has been artificially added. Vegans and vegetarians can be at risk of B12 deficiency.
Those of us who eat animal products usually believe we are getting enough B12 from our food. However, there is another step towards getting B12 – and that is … absorption from the digestive tract. You may be consuming enough B12 in food and supplements, but are you absorbing it?
Vitamin B12 deficiency causes many symptoms such as:
- Lack of energy
- Poor sleep
- Loss of appetite
- Weight loss
- Poor memory
- Soreness of the mouth or tongue
B12 can be taken orally as supplements, but there may still be absorption problems. B12 is injected intramuscularly and so bypasses the digestive process, thus getting into the bloodstream for use by the body quickly.
The main benefits include:
- Increased Energy
- Better Sleep
- Improved Mood
- Faster Metabolism
- Better Cognitive Focus
- Sharper Mental Clarity
- Less Fatigue
- Prevents Anaemia
- Healthy Skin, Hair & Nails
- Some medical research papers have also suggested that B12 can help to improve heart health, act as a protection to some cancers and reduce the risk of Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s
Areas that we can treat include:
- Fine vertical lines around the lips due to ageing or smoking
- Lip border to define, shape and contour
- Lip body to add volume to the lips as appropriate
- Mouth corners to lift upwards instead of down turned corners resulting in sad appearance
HOW DOES THE TREATMENT WORK?
B12 injections work by raising your body’s natural B12 levels. B12 is injected intramuscularly and so bypasses the digestive process, thus getting into the bloodstream for use by the body quickly.
WHAT HAPPENS DURING MY CONSULTATION
During your consultation a detailed medical history will be taken, helping the practitioner to determine whether treatment is an appropriate product/treatment for you to receive and whether it will help you achieve the results that you are looking for. This will also reduce the risk of any unwanted side effects from the treatment. During this consultation the potential risks and aftercare recommendations are discussed.If you still have questions about this treatment please contact us.Secure your booking today online or call 01476 568 378 to book.
PREPARING FOR YOUR TREATMENT
No preparation for treatment is required.
- You will be made comfortable on a treatment couch whilst maintaining privacy and dignity.
- Your practitioner will check through your consent forms and medical history.
- The treatment area will be cleansed.
CLEANING & DRESSINGS
The skin will be cleansed, and appropriate dressings or pre-treatment applied.
HOW LONG WILL THE RESULTS LAST FOR?
Results can last up to 4 weeks, for continued results it is recommended to have a B12 injection every 4 weeks.
WHO IS NOT SUITABLE FOR THIS TREATMENT?
Anyone with any of the following:
- High blood pressure;
- Congestive heart failure;
- Liver disease;
- Kidney disease (or if you are on dialysis); or.
- A previous severe allergic reaction to hydroxocobalamin, Vitamin B12, or cyanocobalamin (Nascobal, Cobolin, Cyomin, and others).
A small raised area around the injection site may be noted, this is normal and will subside within a few days.
No aftercare is required.