Colonic irrigation is a gentle, safe and effective method to cleanse and remove accumulated toxic waste material from the colon without the use of drugs or chemicals.
At some point in our life we all undertake some form of cleansing programme, we may reduce the amount of alcohol we consume, become more aware of the food that we eat and realize the impact that the pressures of everyday life is having on our bodies, however adjusting our diet alone will not remedy the damage that has accumulated in our gut over time. We are not just what we eat, but mostly what we do not eliminate.
Cleansing the colon is a safe and gentle internal bath, which cleanses the body of excess waste pollutants and toxic substances that are left behind when we naturally excrete. The therapy cleanses the 5ft of colon, one of the most important organs in the body, often referred to as the second brain, it carries out many vital functions including the completion of digestive processes and protecting us from infection and disease.
- Removes and cleans the colon of old hard waste material and harmful toxins caused by our lifestyle, eating convenience processed foods, stress of life/work and also pollution.
- It also stimulates the liver so that we produce more bile, which breaks down food and supports the immune system, in return decreasing toxic overload.
- The natural PH of the gut is restored
- A cleansed colon provides a healthy environment for good bacteria to grow.
- The peristaltic movement of the bowel is stimulated and strengthened promoting regular bowel movement.
- There is better absorption of nutrients from our diet.
- Irritable Bowel symptoms are either eased, reduced or eliminated
- It can aid weight loss and even help to prevent colon cancer.
- Treatments result in increased energy, advanced mental clarity, clearer skin, improved circulation and enhanced immunity.
Areas that we can treat include:
HOW DOES THE TREATMENT WORK?
In clinic we use the natural closed gravity fed system with filtered water, a process from an ancient design. It is the safest, gentlest and most effective colonic, providing the greatest level of control working with the client’s own bowel activity.
Colonic Irrigation gently fills the colon with warm sterile filtered water through a small sterile rectal tube. When the water is flushed out, it carries with it any material that has built up in the large intestine (colon), waste matter, toxins and trapped gases.
WHAT HAPPENS DURING MY CONSULTATION
During your consultation a detailed medical history will be taken, helping the practitioner to determine whether treatment is an appropriate product/treatment for you to receive and whether it will help you achieve the results that you are looking for. This will also reduce the risk of any unwanted side effects from the treatment. During this consultation the potential risks and aftercare recommendations are discussed.If you still have questions about this treatment please contact us.Secure your booking today online or call 01476 568 378 to book.
PREPARING FOR YOUR TREATMENT
- Try to drink at least two litres of water per day in the days leading up to your treatment.
- Try to eat healthy and nourishing foods the day of your treatment.
- No food should be consumed in the two hours before your treatment
- Where possible to try avoid dairy products, red meats, shellfish, processed carbohydrates, carbonated beverages and alcohol for as long as you can leading up to your appointment.
- You will be made comfortable on a treatment couch whilst maintaining privacy and dignity.
- Your practitioner will check through your consent forms and medical history.
- You will be provided with a towel and asked to remove clothing from the waist down.
- You will lie on the bed on your back and wrap the towel around you to maintain your dignity.
- You will then be asked to turn on your left hand side on the treatment table. The rectal tube for the colonic hydrotherapy session will then gently be inserted. Disposable equipment is used on every client. They come in a pack for each individual and are disposed of after use.
- You will be asked to move onto your back whilst the practitioner holds the tubing. Warm filtered water is introduced into the rectal tube which is at body temperature to help loosen any impacted faeces and to encourage the bodies own natural peristalsis (movement of the colon).
- Water and waste will then be observed leaving via the outlet tube, this will go straight into the toilet waste. There isn’t any odour, mess or embarrassment, ones dignity is maintained at all times.
- After the treatment, the water will be stopped and you will be asked to lay on your left hand side. The tube is removed and you will then go to the toilet to eliminate any waste matter or water left in the colon.
HOW LONG WILL THE RESULTS LAST FOR?
Having one colonic is the first step towards renewed health and vitality. The number of colonics you require will depend upon your goals, intestinal health, dietary habits and lifestyle choices.
After your initial visit, you can discuss guidance as to how many and how often you might want to schedule sessions. We generally recommend at least doing a series of 3 colonics to appreciate what colonics can do for your body. Some people initially need a series or more to get the colon functioning well. Regular clients may have maintenance colonics from once a month to once every three months.
WHO IS NOT SUITABLE FOR THIS TREATMENT?
- Inflammatory bowel disease: Crohns, Ulcerative colitis and Diverticulitis.
- Recent abdominal/rectal surgery
- Heart/Kidney disease
- Severe Haemorrhoids’
- Cancer of the rectum/bowel/ liver or Kidney
- Bowel perforation
- Long term use of oral steroids
- Minimum age for treatment is 16 years old. There is no maximum age as long as you have none of the contra-indications listed.
The majority of clients feel fine after a colonic hydrotherapy treatment and do not experience any unwanted side-effects. However here are a few simple measures that will ensure you continue to benefit from the treatment and assist in relieving any discomfort you may feel.
- A small amount of water is absorbed during the treatment and you may notice an increased need to urinate. This is normal, and will subside quickly
- Drink plenty of fluids. If digestion is weak, don’t drink with meals or for 30 minutes before or 1 hour after meals. It is best to avoid excess alcohol for about 24 hours post colonic.
- You may experience some flatulence and bowel sounds – this is due to the bowel bacteria multiplying back up to strength for up to 48 hours after the treatment. Probiotic supplements will be useful and the fruit and vegetables will help.
- Don’t expect a bowel movement the next day: depending upon your condition, it may take several days before normal bowel movements resume.
- Avoid rigorous exercise and weight lifting for 24 hours after treatment.