IPL LASER HAIR REMOVAL
IPL LASER HAIR REMOVAL
Laser Hair Removal is a safe, effective laser treatment used to permanently reduce hair growth, our Cellec laser uses an advanced form of IPL (Intense Pulsed Light) technology to precisely and safely treat problem areas of skin anywhere on the face or body.
The laser light produces energy that is absorbed by the pigment within the hair, which heats up and destroys the active hair follicles. This process will inhibit any further hair growth from that follicle.
Laser only works on hairs that are in the active stage of growth (anigen). Other hairs that are not in this stage will be targeted during subsequent treatments.
The treatment is not suitable for those with blonde, grey, white and red hair, as they don’t have any pigment.
A full consultation and patch test is required pre- treatment
- IPL Hair Removal treatment is virtually painless
- All Skin Tones and Hair Types can be treated . Effective results for light or dark skin, as well as coarse or fine hair.
- Proven safety record: Including for dark skin
- Results: Effective results in a small number of treatments
- Treatment session: IPL hair removal treatment sessions are quick, even for large areas such as legs and backs.
- IPL hair removal is perfect for any area of the body: Including sensitive or hard to reach areas such as bikini line.
Areas that we can treat include:
The Cellec laser IPL treatment can be used anywhere on the face or body.
HOW DOES THE TREATMENT WORK?
During a treatment shots of intense pulsed light are targeted at the skin through a gel to offer protection. The light is absorbed by the pigment in the hair, quickly turning to heat, which then kills the growing cells that make the hair.
For the IPL to work effectively shaving is the method of hair removal required in between treatments. Waxing, epilation and electrolysis can not be used as this removes the hair from the follicle.
WHAT HAPPENS DURING MY CONSULTATION
During your consultation a detailed medical history will be taken, helping the medical specialist to determine whether treatment is an appropriate product/treatment for you to receive and whether it will help you achieve the results that you are looking for. This will also reduce the risk of any unwanted side effects from the treatment. During this consultation the potential risks and aftercare recommendations are discussed.
PREPARING FOR YOUR TREATMENT
- Avoid tanning or heavy sun exposure and use a broad-spectrum sunscreen daily for 30 days prior to treatment.
- Do not use medications that cause photosensitivity (such as doxycycline, minocycline) for at least 72 hours prior to treatment.
- If you have a history of herpes (oral cold sores, genital) or shingles in the treatment area, let your doctor know and start your antiviral medication (valacyclovir, acyclovir) as directed (usually 2 days prior to treatment and continue for 3 days after treatment).
- You will be made comfortable on a treatment couch whilst maintaining privacy and dignity.
- Your practitioner will check through your consent forms and medical history.
- You will be then handed a mirror to discuss your requirements from the procedure.
- The treatment area will be cleansed.
- Eye protection will be provided along with verbal advice
- A cold laser/IPL gel will be applied to the treatment area.
CLEANING & DRESSINGS
The skin will be cleansed, and appropriate dressings or pre-treatment applied.
HOW LONG WILL THE RESULTS LAST FOR?
After the first hair removal treatment the hairs will start to fall away between one day and two weeks. Ideally 4-6 weeks are needed in between treatments. On average 4-8 hair removal treatment are needed for permanent hair reduction.
WHO IS NOT SUITABLE FOR THIS TREATMENT?
- Sun exposure
- Active tan
- Certain medications that cause photosensitivity such as doxcycline
Once you begin your course of laser hair removal, it is important that you SHAVE between treatments, as this does not affect the follicle. DO NOT wax, pluck or epilate. This will have the opposite intended effect, as you are strengthening the follicle we are trying to destroy.
For hair removal we have a 30 day before and after no sun exposure rule which includes sun beds and tanning creams. These can cause hypo / hyper pigmentation problems within the skin.
- A soothing gel such as arnica or aloe vera can be applied to the area
- Avoid extreme temperatures such as hot baths, sauna’s and steamrooms for 24-48 hours post treatment
- Avoid harsh chemicals such as bleach and heavily perfumed products for 48 hours
- Avoid make up for 24 hours post treatment
- Avoid exfoliation for 10 days post treatment.