Alopecia, or hair loss, affects men but also women, giving them a tired, aged, and even sick appearance. Hair-loss in men and women is a normal phenomenon, however if hair loss becomes too significant, then one must make sure that this doesn’t develop into a more serious form of alopecia.
Mesotherapy is a very efficient and painless technique for slowing hair loss.
Medical trials show that the chances of regrowth using mesohair mesotherapy are 60%
Mesohair mesotherapy directly targets the causes of hair-loss:
- Balances hormone levels around the follicles
- Delivers specially-adapted nutrients
- Stimulates blood circulation
Mesohair mesotheraphy is a non-invasive technique based on micro-injections directly to the epidermis of the scalp, in the targeted tissue.
- Corrects hormone imbalances in and around the hair follicle
- Delivers nutrients to the hair
- Improves blood circulation
Areas that we can treat include:
HOW DOES THE TREATMENT WORK?
A session of skin treatment with mesohair through mesotherapy injections lasts about 15 minutes. Each session of mesohair mesotherapy starts with a detailed diagnostic exam of the skin and areas to be treated by the practitioner. Once the diagnosis has been established, the treatment decided upon and consent received, the mesohair mesotherapy injections are carried out by the practitioner using an airpressure gun, which delivers a micro-dose of the mesohair treatment through a painless micro-needle. The dose is perfectly calculated and equal every time, likewise the depth of the injection is controlled by the practitioner for an optimal result.
The injections are carried out on the scalp to deeply hydrate and stimulate hair regrowth. At the end of the treatment an LED session is carried out to enhance the stimulating treatment. You can then immediately go about your day, as treatment does not cause any major undesirable side effects and therefore there is no recovery time.
WHAT HAPPENS DURING MY CONSULTATION
During your consultation a detailed medical history will be taken, helping the medical specialist to determine whether treatment is an appropriate product/treatment for you to receive and whether it will help you achieve the results that you are looking for. This will also reduce the risk of any unwanted side effects from the treatment. During this consultation the potential risks and aftercare recommendations are discussed.
Make sure you’ve allowed for enough downtime after the procedure. If you’re having the neck treated, you may wish to bring a scarf with you. Be aware that, for the best results more than one treatment is necessary.
PREPARING FOR YOUR TREATMENT
- It is advised to stop taking NSAID’S such as ibuprofen 1 will prior to treatment (always consult your doctor first) as this increase the risk of bleeding.
- Avoid exposure to direct sunlight.
- Some patients may require oral antiviral medication, which may begin the day of the procedure and continue for 5-10 days.
- You will be made comfortable on a treatment couch whilst maintaining privacy and dignity.
- Your practitioner will check through your consent forms and medical history.
- You will be then handed a mirror to discuss your requirements from the procedure.
- The treatment area will be cleansed.
CLEANING & DRESSINGS
The skin will be cleansed, and appropriate dressings or pre-treatment applied.
HOW LONG WILL THE RESULTS LAST FOR?
Generally a minimum of 8 intensive sessions of mesohair mesotherapy, is advised to effectively stimulate hair regrowth. Hairloss generally stops after the second session and hair starts to growth back after two or three months. For lasting results, it is recommended to continue with maintenance mesohair mesotherapy treatments every 3 months.
WHO IS NOT SUITABLE FOR THIS TREATMENT?
- Are allergic to any of the substances used in mesotherapy
- Have diabetes, liver, kidney, or cardiac issues
- Are pregnant or lactating
- Are on anticoagulants
- Have an infection or lesion in the affected area.
- Do NOT wash or take a shower for at least 4 hours after treatment.
- Arnica gel applied three times a day x 48 hours will help resolve bruising. Sublingual Arnica 30 may also be used.
- Do NOT take anti-inflammatories (aspirin, Motrin, etc.) or Vitamin E for 24 hours after injections. You may use general painkillers (e.g. Tylenol) for any discomfort or use any prescription medications given to you.
- Hot tubs, saunas, Jacuzzis, and massages are NOT recommended for 48 hours after treatment. AFTER 48 hours, hotbaths or showers are recommended to assist in the healing.Sauna before treatment can aid to mobilize the fat.
- Avoid direct sun exposure, tanning beds, sauna or heat for about two weeks after undergoing this procedure.
- Drink at least 2 litres of fluids (preferably water) in the 24 hours following treatment.
- Avoid alcohol to facilitate hepatic handling of toxins.