NON SURGICAL RHINOPLASTY
NON SURGICAL RHINOPLASTY
The nose is the most focal part of your face – any visible imperfections can have a massive effect on your confidence. The treatment involves using a precise series of injections of Dermal Filler beneath the skin to smooth out lumps and bumps, enhance nose shape and restore balance to the face.
The Procedure is ideal for those who have:
- A lump or bump in the nose
- A bump or hook on the bridge of nose
- A flat or low ridge
- Asymmetrical nose
Many clients are often fearful to make changes to their nose, as it is the central part of the face, which others notice almost instantly. However, the changes that can be achieved using Dermal Fillers are natural looking, non-permanent with hardly any downtime – meaning you can get back to your normal routine straight away.
- Improves the appearance of any imperfections such as lumps, bumps, asymmetry and indentations
- Makes the symmetry of the face much more harmonious
- Has an optical illusion effect, as although we are adding filler, it can make the appearance seem smaller
- Once corrected can massively affect the client’s confidence
- The pleasure of improving the appearance of the nose without having to have surgery and the price that comes with it.
- No down time – go straight back to work
Areas that we can treat include:
- Straighten the nose in any profile
- Disguise a dorsal hump (bump in profile)
- Contour the nose and make it appear smaller
- Lift the tip of the nose
- Reduce nasal flare
- Make the nose appear slimmer
- Disguise uneven shape/bumps/contours
HOW DOES THE TREATMENT WORK?
Hyaluronic acid is a natural constituent of skin, young skin is continuously moisturised from within by this naturally occurring sugar. It attracts and holds on to water to provide hydration, structure and volume.
Prior to treatment you will have an initial consultation to discuss your concerns and what you are hoping to achieve from treatment.
During the Non-Surgical Rhinoplasty treatment you will be fully conscious, a local anaesthetic will then be applied to numb the treatment area to increase your comfort. Your practitioner will make a series of small injections, explaining each step to guide you through the process. You will be shown your nose at each step of the procedure so that you have complete control over the changes that are being made.
WHAT HAPPENS DURING MY CONSULTATION
During your consultation a detailed medical history will be taken, helping the medical specialist to determine whether treatment is an appropriate product/treatment for you to receive and whether it will help you achieve the results that you are looking for. This will also reduce the risk of any unwanted side effects from the treatment. During this consultation the potential risks and aftercare recommendations are discussed.
PREPARING FOR YOUR TREATMENT
- Start taking an over the counter anti-histamine one week prior to treatment and continue to take until one week post treatment.
- Drink at least 2-3 litres of water in the days leading up to treatment as hydration is crucial to obtaining a good result because, dermal filler relies on drawing water to the treated cells, helping you get the full filler augmentation effects.
- Do prep your skin. Prior to treatment, make sure to look after your skin and keep it in the best condition. Moisturise and avoid damaged pores.
- Do use sun cream, pre-and-post treatment, to protect your skin.
- Avoid alcohol for 24 hours pre-and post treatment.
- For a week before and after the procedure, avoid blood thinners such as aspirin, Ibuprofen and Vitamin E, as well as certain food supplements such as fish oil, liquorice, garlic, ginger, ginkgo and green tea.
- Avoid sun and heat exposure
- On arrival to the clinic you be taken to a private room to have topical numbing cream applied, to ease discomfort during procedure.
- As the cream takes around 20-30 minutes to take affect, you will be able to relax in our relaxation area.
- You will be made comfortable on a treatment couch whilst maintaining privacy and dignity.
- Your practitioner will check through your consent forms and medical history.
- You will be then handed a mirror to discuss your requirements from the procedure.
- You will be asked if you have any phobia’s to needles.
- The treatment area will be cleansed.
CLEANING & DRESSINGS
The skin will be cleansed, and appropriate dressings or pre-treatment applied.
HOW LONG WILL THE RESULTS LAST FOR?
Dermal Fillers are well known for delivering outstanding results. Results from Dermal Fillers begin to show immediately after treatment and can last between 6-12 months depending on the product used. Results can vary depending on the individual, lifestyle choices and metabolism.
To give your filler the best chance of lasting as long as possible, there are filler aftercare steps you can take. If you look after your skin with sun cream and follow a good skin care regime then your dermal fillers will last longer.
In addition to this, for the best dermal filler aftercare, do not squeeze, massage or mess around with the treated area, as this could cause the filler to break down more quickly and mean you get to enjoy the results for less time. In areas of the face that we naturally move less, your fillers will naturally last longer.
WHO IS NOT SUITABLE FOR THIS TREATMENT?
- Anyone allergic to any of the ingredients in the dermal filler (Hyaluronic acid is a natural constituent of skin therefore you would not be allergic to this) Lidocaine is usually present within the hyaluronic acid gel formulation
- Skin infection at the injection site
- Dermal filler treatment is contraindicated for some people with certain auto-immune diseases
- If you are pregnant, trying to become pregnant or breast-feeding (It is not known if the dermal filler can be harmful to your unborn child)
- Also tell us if you are taking any medicines including herbal as some may be contraindicated
After treatment, slight redness, swelling, itching and some tenderness at the site of injection may occur. This is normal and will generally disappear over the next 7-14 days.
- Keep well hydrated (2-3 litres of water) for the next 3 days
- Avoid alcohol 24 hours after treatment
- Apply some ice to area if swollen/tender- such as an ice lolly or ice pack
- Avoid strenuous exercise and heat treatments for 48 hours
- Avoid creams with Alpha Hydroxy Acid or Glycolic acid around the area
- Avoid direct sunlight and wear a high SPF sunscreen to prolong the duration of the fillers
- If you suffer with cold sores, there is a risk of activating them
- If taking aspirin, clopidrogrel, warfarin and other blood thinning medication you should be aware that there will be an increased likelihood of bleeding or bruising at injection site(s).
- If itching or swelling occur, a general over the counter antihistamine can be taken for a period of one week.
- Arnica cream/capsules can be taken to help prevent bruising.
- Keep the area sterile
- Alcohol, smoking and sunshine will reduce the life of filler.