Profhilo is the first BDDE-free pure/stabilised injectable hyaluronic acid (HA) for treating skin laxity. It has one of the highest concentrations of HA on the market.
Hyaluronic acid (HA) is a natural constituent of skin, young skin is continuously moisturised from within by this naturally occurring sugar. It attracts and holds on to water to provide hydration, structure and volume. The skin’s levels of HA dramatically diminish with age causing skin to become dry and lose volume, wrinkles and grooves begin to appear. Gravity also pulls the skin down resulting in folds and sagging.
In Profhilo, Low molecular weight HA is released slowly from the HA hybrid complexes and provides hydration to the skin throughout in the epidermis – the ‘Hydro effect’
High molecular weight HA in Profhilo provides a stable HA architecture in the dermis. This gives a volumetric effect – the ‘Lift effect’
- Profhilo addresses loose skin/sagging
- Boosts and hydrates skin
- Remodels ageing and sagging tissue
Areas that we can treat include:
HOW DOES THE TREATMENT WORK?
Profhilo increases the levels of type I and type III collagen in fibroblast and type IV and VII collagen in keratinocytes.
This results in improved skin quality and skin hydration both in the dermis and epidermis. There is also increased production of endogenous HA and elastin giving the skin a more youthful look.
Profhilo can be used on its own and also achieves excellent results in combination with other aesthetic treatments.
During the treatment the prefilled syringe of Profhilo is injected using a small needle. A total of 10 injections are given, 5 to each side of the face or 10 to the neck area.
WHAT HAPPENS DURING MY CONSULTATION
During your consultation a detailed medical history will be taken, helping the medical specialist to determine whether treatment is an appropriate product/treatment for you to receive and whether it will help you achieve the results that you are looking for. This will also reduce the risk of any unwanted side effects from the treatment. During this consultation the potential risks and aftercare recommendations are discussed.
PREPARING FOR YOUR TREATMENT
- Avoid consuming alcohol 24 hours before the treatment.
- Do not wear any makeup while going for the treatment.
- Avoid sun exposure in the days leading up to treatment
- You will be made comfortable on a treatment couch whilst maintaining privacy and dignity.
- Your practitioner will check through your consent forms and medical history.
- You will be then handed a mirror to discuss your requirements from the procedure.
- The treatment area will be cleansed.
CLEANING & DRESSINGS
The skin will be cleansed, and appropriate dressings or pre-treatment applied.
HOW LONG WILL THE RESULTS LAST FOR?
Results last approximately 6-9 months, although individual results vary depending on genetics, lifestyle factors, etc.
WHO IS NOT SUITABLE FOR THIS TREATMENT?
- Anyone allergic to any of the ingredients in the Profhilo (Hyaluronic acid is a natural constituent of skin therefore you would not be allergic to this)
- Skin infection at the injection site
- Profhilo treatment is contraindicated for some people with certain auto-immune diseases
- If you are pregnant, trying to become pregnant or breast-feeding (It is not known if the Profhilo can be harmful to your unborn child)
There may be some tenderness, swelling, redness and bruising around the injection site. This is normal and will subside within a few days.
- Do not massage or manipulate the treated area
- Avoid wearing make up for 12 hours after treatment
- Avoid extreme temperatures such as sauna’s, steam rooms, sunbeds etc for 7 days post treatment
- Apply at least SPF 30 sunscreen post treatment
- Stay hydrated