SKIN TAG REMOVAL
SKIN TAG REMOVAL
Skin Tags are flesh coloured or brown growths, they hang from the surface of the skin, they vary in size and can range from a few millimetres to up to 5cm. They’re usually found on the armpits, neck, around the groin, eyelids or under the breasts. Whilst Skin Tags are harmless and don’t usually cause pain or discomfort, they can often catch or clothing or jewellery and may also cause confidence and self esteem issues.
In clinic we use an innovative, cryosurgery tool called the cryopen, which can be used for several different treatments. The treatment is a fast, effective, safe and new solution for removal of skin imperfections.
- Permanent removal of benign skin lesions in a single treatment session.
- Powerful enough for even large or deep lesions.
- Treatment is painless and takes as little as 20 seconds from start to finish.
- No damage to surrounding skin tissue is undamaged
Areas that we can treat include:
- Skin Tags
- Campbell De Morgan spots
- Pigmented lesions such as age spots
- Actinic keratoses,
- Seborrhoeic Keratoses
- Birth marks
- Small benign skin tumours
- Cherry Angiomas
HOW DOES THE TREATMENT WORK?
Prior to treatment you will have an initial consultation to discuss your concerns and what you are hoping to achieve from treatment.
The CryoPen™ emits a fine jet of nitrous oxide under high pressure, which allows the clinician to work with millimetre precision. This destroys the tissue by freezing the inter-cellular fluid, forming ice shards and crystals which rupture the membrane, thereby destroying the cell. That means there will be no collateral damage to healthy tissue. It’s so incredibly accurate and practical.
FIRST CYCLE – FREEZE
The applicator is held as close as possible to the skin imperfection and moved quickly towards and away from it. This could be from 1-30 seconds, depending on the size and depth.
After the first freeze cycle, the tissue is allowed to thaw for about 30 seconds.
SECOND CYCLE – FREEZE
Now the second freeze cycle will begin. The tissue will freeze faster than during the first freezing cycle.
WHAT HAPPENS DURING MY CONSULTATION
During your consultation a detailed medical history will be taken, helping the medical specialist to determine whether treatment is an appropriate product/treatment for you to receive and whether it will help you achieve the results that you are looking for. This will also reduce the risk of any unwanted side effects from the treatment. During this consultation the potential risks and aftercare recommendations are discussed.
PREPARING FOR YOUR TREATMENT
Due to the Cryopen’s innovative technology no client preparation is required for this treatment.
- You will be made comfortable on a treatment couch whilst maintaining privacy and dignity.
- Your practitioner will check through your consent forms and medical history.
- You will be then handed a mirror to discuss your requirements from the procedure.
- You will be asked if you have any phobia’s to needles.
- The treatment area will be cleansed.
CLEANING & DRESSINGS
The skin will be cleansed, and appropriate dressings or pre-treatment applied.
HOW LONG WILL THE RESULTS LAST FOR?
Results are permanent as the skin tag or other skin lesion has been completely removed.
WHO IS NOT SUITABLE FOR THIS TREATMENT?
Very few people are unsuitable for this treatment.
- Anyone with a cold intolerance
- Anyone with a vascular insufficiency such as peripheral artery disease or abdominal aortic aneurysm (AAA).
The skin tag will turn black at the base and drop off over a period of one to six weeks. Larger skin tags of 3mm+ may need a second freeze. Please contact us after six weeks if they need to be retreated. If the area does become tender you can use use Savlon or Germolene twice a day. A plaster can be used to cover the area to stop the treated area being irritated by clothing rubbing on it.
- Do not pick the treated area at any time after treatment otherwise the area will take longer to heal.
- Please use a sunblock factor 50 on any pigmentation removal until it has re-pigmented, this may take up to eight weeks.
- You can continue to use make up, deodorant or perfumes on treated areas but try and leave for as long as you can on the day of treatment.