SUN SPOT REMOVAL
SUN SPOT REMOVAL
Sun Spots, Age Spots and Pigmentation are associated with ageing skin and Sun damage, typically from sunbeds or extreme Sun exposure. They can be unsightly and create a patchy, less youthful appearance. Freckling and age spots are successfully lightened or removed with our sun spot removal treatment using our Cellec laser.
Our Cellec laser uses an advanced form of IPL (Intense Pulsed Light) technology to precisely and safely treat problem areas of skin anywhere on the face or body.
A full consultation and patch test is required pre- treatment.
- Fast effective treatment
- Safely removes or reduces the appearance of age spots, sun spots and pigmentation
- Gives a more even skin tone
- Rejuvenates the skin
HOW DOES THE TREATMENT WORK?
The IPL device will be applied to your skin and various shots will be fired. You may still be aware of flashes of light and will likely feel brief sensations of heat when the devices fires. You will be required to provide feedback throughout the treatment, as this is crucial to gauging the optimal settings of the treatment.
The treatment works as the Intense Pulsed Light (IPL) absorbs the melanin found in the pigmentation. The rapid absorption of the light energy heats the melanin and causes the destruction of melanin cells. When treating the area of concern, we move the laser over and deliver short pulses until the whole area has been covered.
WHAT HAPPENS DURING MY CONSULTATION
During your consultation a detailed medical history will be taken, helping the practitioner to determine whether treatment is an appropriate product/treatment for you to receive and whether it will help you achieve the results that you are looking for. This will also reduce the risk of any unwanted side effects from the treatment. During this consultation the potential risks and aftercare recommendations are discussed.If you still have questions about this treatment please contact us.
Secure your booking today online or call 01476 568 378 to book.
PREPARING FOR YOUR TREATMENT
- Avoid tanning or heavy sun exposure and use a broad-spectrum sunscreen daily for 30 days prior to treatment.
- Do not use medications that cause photosensitivity (such as doxycycline, minocycline) for at least 72 hours prior to treatment.
- If you have a history of herpes (oral cold sores, genital) or shingles in the treatment area, let your doctor know and start your antiviral medication (valacyclovir, acyclovir) as directed (usually 2 days prior to treatment and continue for 3 days after treatment).
CLEANING & DRESSINGS
The skin will be cleansed, and appropriate dressings or pre-treatment applied.
- You will be made comfortable on a treatment couch whilst maintaining privacy and dignity.
- Your practitioner will check through your consent forms and medical history.
- You will be then handed a mirror to discuss your requirements from the procedure.
- The treatment area will be cleansed.
- Eye protection will be provided along with verbal advice
- A cold laser/IPL gel will be applied to the treatment area.
HOW LONG WILL THE RESULTS LAST FOR?
This varies by cause of the pigment, skin type, lifestyle and the areas to be treated. During a consultation and assessment, more specific, individual based advice will be given.
WHO IS NOT SUITABLE FOR THIS TREATMENT?
- Sun exposure
- Active tan
- Certain medications that cause photosensitivity such as doxcycline
- A soothing gel such as arnica or aloe vera can be applied to the area
- Avoid extreme temperatures such as hot baths, sauna’s and steamrooms for 24-48 hours post treatment
- Avoid harsh chemicals such as bleach and heavily perfumed products for 48 hours
- Avoid make up for 24 hours post treatment