TRU CRYO CELLULITE REDUCTION
TRU CRYO CELLULITE REDUCTION
The Hypodermis consists of small ‘Recesses ‘or ‘lobules’ which are separated by bands of fibrous tissue called septa. In men these tend to run in line with the skin but in women these bands are perpendicular to the skin. Cellulite results from both a build-up of fat in the adipose tissue (the hypodermic fat cells) and water retention around the dermis and hypodermis. If adipocytes increase their volume, as happens with weight gain, and if water accumulates in these recesses, then the walls are compressed, damaging the microcirculation and their natural form of the cell.
Because these walls are attached to the dermis in the anchor points, they pull the skin surface, whilst fat cells push towards the dermis. In other words when the adipocytes get bigger or the oedema increases ‘the envelopes’ containing them change shape and pull on the anchor points of the skin.
The result is a skin surface that takes on a bumpy orange peel appearance. Over time the condition worsens, fat and water become wholly enclosed in a prison of always hardened septa, which is comprised of fibrous connective tissue.
In clinic we use the World’s most Versatile Cryo- Aesthetics device, which combines the most advanced science with the best practice to deliver Cryotherapy. Which has been scientifically proven to visibly reduce the appearance of cellulite.
Cryotherapy treatments work, using cold temperatures around 0°C to rejuvenate and tighten the skin. The pumping effect of blood system caused by the alternating of cold and warm increases the oxygen and nutrient supply to the cells stimulating the production of collagen and elastin.
- Visibly reduces the appearance of cellulite
- Visibly tightens the skin
- Improve skin texture and tone
- Redness and skin ‘puffiness’ reduced
- Repeated treatment has been linked to firmer skin and a visible improvement in skin quality, leaving it perfected and smooth to the touch.
- Visibly tighten the pores.
Areas that we can treat include:
HOW DOES THE TREATMENT WORK?
The cold creates an imbalance inside the adipocyte leading to the fat content changing its chemical structure, causing the cell to increase its metabolism and to expel small droplets of fat. The process is known as blebbing. At this point the adipocyte cell membrane is still intact, but as the cellular stress increases the blebbing increases to such a degree the cell membrane will rupture. The fat cells is excreted from the adipocytes alongside the broken fat cells, and then are eliminated through the lymphatic system.
Specifically related to cellulite the cold is absorbed by the absorbed by the fibrous connective branches, which causes the solubilisation of the collagen with consequent debridement of the tight non elastic weft that strangles the lobules. The solubilisation of collagen, in addition to producing the loss of the pitted appearance of the skin, also makes it possible to reactivate the fibroblasts, which are stimulated to produce new, more elastic collagen.
WHAT HAPPENS DURING MY CONSULTATION
During your consultation a detailed medical history will be taken, helping the medical specialist to determine whether treatment is an appropriate product/treatment for you to receive and whether it will help you achieve the results that you are looking for. This will also reduce the risk of any unwanted side effects from the treatment. During this consultation the potential risks and aftercare recommendations are discussed.
PREPARING FOR YOUR TREATMENT
- You should maintain a healthy diet and exercise plan before trying TruCryo.
- You’ll need to avoid anti-inflammatories such as aspirin before the procedure.
- We’ll weigh you and take a few photos before starting the treatment.
After the practitioner has reviewed your consent and medical history you’ll talk through the areas that you would like to treat and a treatment plan devised together.
The practitioner will use a combination of cold sprays and ice massagers to tighten and tone your skin. The stream of cold Co2 enhances exfoliation of dead cells on the surface of the skin, exposing the healthy, more radiant skin underneath.
HOW LONG WILL THE RESULTS LAST FOR?
The Cryotherapy effects are not permanent as the skin ages. To maximise the results, one session every week for 5 weeks is recommended (for the same area), and then 1 session per month for maintenance, This treatment plan will cumulatively effect and help to maintain a higher production of collagen and elastin.
WHO IS NOT SUITABLE FOR THIS TREATMENT?
- Anyone with cold-induced conditions such as cryoglobulinemia and cold urticaria
- Treatment areas with severe varicose veins
- Dermatitis/ eczema present at treatment site
- Infection at treatment site
- Anyone with active cancer
- Typically, there is minimal discomfort an recovery time after TruCryo fat sculpting. Most clients are able to return to their daily routine immediately after the procedure.
- Many clients have minimal discomfort following the procedure however the following may be experienced in some cases; deep itching, tingling, tenderness to touch, pain in the treated area, aching or soreness.
- Apply heating pads and/or cool pads to treatment area (20 minutes on then 20 minutes off)
- Drink at least 2 litres of water post treatment to aid lymphatic drainage.