TRU CRYO PAIN MANAGEMENT
TRU CRYO PAIN MANAGEMENT
In clinic we use the World’s most Versatile Cryo- Aesthetics device, which combines the most advanced science with the best practice to deliver Cryostimulation. Which has been scientifically proven to aid pain management.
‘We are using CryoStimulation as an integral part of our physical therapy treatments, with great results. In many cases the CryoStimulation has relieved pain and reduced inflammation more quickly than other methods of treatment. We highly recommend CryoStimulation as a part of physical therapy treatment to any therapist.”
Sports Injury Clinic Physiotherapist, Thorndale Medical Centre, Dublin
- Immediate and long-lasting pain relief
- Increased mobility and faster recovery
- Reduces systemic inflammation
Areas that we can treat include:
- Injuries and dislocations of joints
- Torn muscle or tendon, sprains, strains, muscle spasms
- Oedema, haematomas
- Postoperative swelling
HOW DOES THE TREATMENT WORK?
TruCryo is unique in its ability to rapidly deliver localised ICE and COMPRESSION.
Utilising carbon dioxide at –78°C and 50 bar pressure, the tissues are cooled to 4°C in under 30 seconds, causing Thermal Shock.
The constriction of vessels and muscles slows the blood flow and forces the immune and hormonal systems to respond.
Immediately the blood vessels dilate to around four times their usual size. This floods the area with blood, which is rich in oxygen, hormones, nutrients and activated enzymes. The healing process has begun.
THIS IS TRUE CRYOSTIMULATION.
WHAT HAPPENS DURING MY CONSULTATION
During your consultation a detailed medical history will be taken, helping the medical specialist to determine whether treatment is an appropriate product/treatment for you to receive and whether it will help you achieve the results that you are looking for. This will also reduce the risk of any unwanted side effects from the treatment. During this consultation the potential risks and aftercare recommendations are discussed.
PREPARING FOR YOUR TREATMENT
- You should maintain a healthy diet and exercise plan before trying TruCryo.
- You’ll need to avoid anti-inflammatories such as aspirin before the procedure.
- We’ll weigh you and take a few photos before starting the treatment.
After the practitioner has reviewed your consent and medical history you’ll talk through the areas that you would like to treat and a treatment plan devised together.
The practitioner will use a combination of cold sprays and ice massagers At 4°C (39°F) the CryoStimulation causes blood vessels under the surface of the skin to first constrict before dilating (vasodilation) to around 4 times its original diameter. This process allows a significantly increased volume of freshly oxygenated blood to perfuse the area. Additionally, there is an increased supply of beneficial hormones and neurotransmitters, which flow to the site. The increased diameter of vessels within the body tissues can also improve the drainage of swelling, toxins and other unwanted by-products in the system.
HOW LONG WILL THE RESULTS LAST FOR?
The results are instant and depending on the condition can last several hours to days after one single treatment. Your practitioner will discuss how many sessions feel may be necessary.
WHO IS NOT SUITABLE FOR THIS TREATMENT?
- Anyone with cold-induced conditions such as cryoglobulinemia and cold urticaria
- Treatment areas with severe varicose veins
- Dermatitis/ eczema present at treatment site
- Infection at treatment site
- Anyone with active cancer
- Typically, there is minimal discomfort an recovery time after Treatment. Most clients are able to return to their daily routine immediately after the procedure.
- Many clients have minimal discomfort following the procedure however the following may be experienced in some cases; deep itching, tingling, tenderness to touch, pain in the treated area, aching or soreness.
- Apply heating pads and/or cool pads to treatment area (20 minutes on then 20 minutes off)